Apr 25, 2012

Hi.

My name is Diddy. Some call me Diddy - some call me Al - some call me Al Diddy.  Some call me Jackass from time to time.  Obviously, Diddy is not my given name, but everyone needs a lil' alias or ten from time to time.  This is basically a test page, which may explain the rants and rambling ons occurring this very moment.



Pause for a mug shot... annnd... BOOM!

Study it well.  It could very well be the one and only mugshot I share with you.  I like my anonymity.  I also enjoy writing and have been told numerous times that I write well - mostly by instructors and professors from elementary school through college.  I am generally the type that cuts themselves short, but I will go with the majority on this one since these individuals are credible.  Writing as a profession has occurred to me but nothing more than a fleeting thought. 

I actually launched my initial page back in February 2005, which seems like ages ago considering the immense (and intense) amount of changes I have experienced since then.  I also did a relaunch in April 2008.  Basically - I am fiercely ADD (and slightly OCD) when it comes to writing and managing journal-esque items.  If I were to share my journal entries in chronological order, it would provide further evidence of this fact.  I skip, jump, and frolic across days, months, and in rare cases even years.  I suspect the biggest roadblock consists of availability and the ability to focus (see ADD comment above).  I am a bit of a perfectionist and simply do not have the time necessary to create what my mind considers the 'perfect' piece.  This is a fact of life and how my brain functions.  I deal with my imperfections one day at a time.

I have actually been working hard to get this off the ground, which includes building the actual page (not an easy task when choosing from fifty different themes, fonts, and gadgets - again see ADD comment above).  In the process, I have also been feverishly working to clean up my arsenal of graphic madness across memory sticks and online storage.  I will not inundate you or the kind servers at Blogger.com with a barrage of animated graphics or images although I have some seriously funny shit stashed away in my archives.  I shall give you a brief taste...

Here is a completely irrelevant graphic!
Photobucket
The next arduous task involves determining what on earth to blather on about.  In the past, I frequently discussed music, politics, sports, LGBT events/issues, and a random assortment of bullshit.  Since then, I began to care less about such things to an extent.  I don't follow music nearly as much as I used to, and the same can be said about sports.  Politics and religion are two topics that I no longer waste too much time feuding over or stewing about considering the IQ levels of the opposition.  I am at the point in life where there are more important things to worry about.  I watch zero network television and get my daily media intake from Pandora, Netflix, SiriusXM, and random Facebook updates.  I enjoy writing reviews on Yelp, riding my bike, drinking beer, laughing with friends, and most importantly spending time with my wife and two fuzzy kids - a cat and one crazy ferret.  These are the things that bring me great joy in life.

At any rate - the content of this page will more than likely consist of some form of ADD as you probably have already figured out.  I would apologize in advance, but ultimately it is my page to do whatever I choose with.  However, I hope to at least do some form of entertaining and perhaps even informing the masses.  That being said - I hope to at least give you a warm, fuzzy feeling or even an occasional chuckle from time to time.  I am also a fan of feedback because without it...well, how on earth would we ever learn from mistakes and/or make improvements?  Oh...the adult content warning you will experience when attempting to view this page is primarily due to the fact that I cuss like a truck driving sailor - fucking aaarrgh!  I love my favorite four-letter words.  I do sometimes touch on more 'adult' issues, but not in the sense that your thinking....dirty, little perverts.  Enough about me.

Tune in next time for more of my ramblings...

No comments:

Post a Comment