Jul 3, 2012

Fire...Water....Burn


Well...apparently the ridiculous weather conditions are pooping all over the Fourth of July firework plans across the region.  That is unless you want to bear the pain and madness of enduring the masses as Fair St. Louis on the riverfront.  I am absolutely fine living without the 'bombs bursting in air' re-enactment.  In fact, I will be perfectly happy spending quality time at home with my wife, critters, and a case of ice, cold beer.  I am sure that we will be entertained - if you will - by the local assholes who feel the need to shoot fireworks off in residential areas for at least 48-72 hours straight.  It would probably be too much to ask that this year they use a bit more common sense and not burn the god damn city to the ground.  Let's not also forget to give a shout out to the good citizens who enjoy shooting their firearms into the air to celebrate our independence from Great Britain.  St. Louis....always keepin' it classy.

I have been posting a bit heavily on the political and religious front.  I intended on keeping that shit to a minimum.  However, both are serious media pigs and hard to ignore....especially during an election year.  I will do my best to refrain, my friends, but there are some instances where I feel the need to interject.  Last week - there was an exceptional amount of static with the anti-gay boycotts and health care plan.  Forgive me for spouting off my opinions - I shall keep all religious and political ranting to an absolute minimum!

'Tis July and 'tis very hot outside.  However, the rising temps and dry climate will not stop me and the rest of my crazy bike riding hooligans peers from owning the streets.  Tonight - I FINALLY get to roll with the craziest of crazies - the Fucking Bicycle Club.  The ride kicks off at 11PM tonight if anyone cares to join - Turtle Park.  Keep your women and children off the streets if you know what's best for them!

Short on time - so I shall leave you with a lil' tune from my boys in the Bloodhound Gang.  Stay safe and don't be the jackass that catches the neighborhood on fire via illegal fireworks in residential neighborhoods.

No comments:

Post a Comment